New Digs

Yesterday was moving day.  It was a very full day--we started the morning off by watching William and Anna walk in the Maple Valley Days parade.  They walked with their football/cheer teams, and braved the cloudy, wet weather.  I forgot to take pictures (oops!), but they had a great time, and it was fun to see so many of our friends and neighbors at the event.  I love living in a small town.  As part of the event, there's a kids' art show.  Anna was one of three second graders at her school to be chosen to have her art displayed, so we definitely had to go view her masterpiece.  She was so proud!

Showing off her artwork.  So excited!!

After we celebrated Maple Valley Days, we quickly packed up and headed into Seattle.  We found out just a few days ago that an apartment opened up at the Pete Gross House, which is where we lived last time.  We thought we'd have a few more weeks on the waiting list, but fortunately, we got a unit just in time.  So now we just have to move once, which is a relief.  We have a corner apartment on the top floor, with a view of Lake Union.  It's more spacious than our last apartment, and it's nice and bright.  And, it's just a 2-3 minute drive to the SCCA.

It didn't take too long for up to unload and get things organized.  We had lots of little helpers.  Anna has been making me pieces of artwork to decorate our place, so she was busy hanging them up for me.  I had each of the kids give me something special of theirs so that I can have reminders of them--I got two stuffed animals and a baseball.  Love them.  We're settled and mostly comfortable, and ready to get this show on the road.

We all went out to dinner in Seattle last night before my parents took the kids home.  The kids are doing really well with all of this so far.  There were some tears last night, but I'm hopeful that new routines will kick in, school will shortly be out, and they'll be able to manage these strange circumstances.  I know there will be many bumps in the road for them, emotionally, and that's to be expected.  But, they have a lot to look forward to this summer, so I think they'll be distracted and having fun.

We were at SCCA early this morning to start Day #1 of my chemo conditioning.  I had a thirty minute infusion, so it was a fairly quick appointment.  I'll have three doses of this chemo before transplant, and fortunately, it sounds like this chemo drug is well tolerated.  They did give me some anti-nausea meds beforehand, just in case, but I'm not expecting to feel too poorly.  I got my Hickman line put in last week, so now my labs and chemo no longer require any needle pokes.  That's the only upside to having a line.  I'm still trying to get used to the two tubes/leads coming out of my chest.  My chest is still a bit sore from the surgery, but I'm slowly becoming accustomed to it once again.  Showering is a challenge, but I've discovered that Glad Press 'n Seal works very well to keep my line dry.  You do this long enough and you get to learn all sorts of tricks.

We're going to enjoy an appointment-free afternoon, and gear up for more chemo tomorrow.  And, I get a visit with my kids today.  One day closer to Transplant Day!

For those of you who have asked, here is our new address for the next 3.5 months:

525 Minor Ave N, #614
Seattle, WA 98109

Just like last time, no flowers are allowed.  But we will be able to receive mail:)







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!